The information provided on this web site is of a general nature. It is not a substitute for specific advice in your own circumstances. You are recommended to obtain specific professional advice from a professional accountant before you take any action or refrain from action.
Whilst we endeavour to use reasonable efforts to furnish accurate, complete, reliable, error free and up-to-date information, we do not warrant that it is such. We and our associates disclaim all warranties.
The information can only provide an overview of the regulations in force at the date of publication, and no action should be taken without consulting the detailed legislation or seeking professional advice.
Third Party Sites
This website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Such links are provided for your convenience only and we have no control over their individual content. We therefore make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any of the information appearing in relation to any linked websites nor as to the suitability or quality of any of their products or services. The provision of links to third party sites does not imply any endorsement of the sites or those that control them.
The contents of this website including but not limited to text, images, sound clips, video clips, page layouts, underlying code and software is our or our affiliates property. The content may not be reproduced, transmitted or stored in whole or in part other than in accordance with the following permissions.
You may print, reproduce, copy, download or store any of the content of this website for your own personal use or use by others within your organisation provided that any such material is reproduced in full without any amendment and that it is not incorporated into any other material whether in hard copy or electronic form.
You specifically agree that you will not use the content of this website for any commercial purpose.
Changes to this policy
We will post any changes to this policy on our website. Those changes will then apply to any future use by you of our website.
Contact details can be found on our contact page. Mark Sivyer FCA is the sole director of the Company. Brookes Sivyer Limited is registered in England & Wales, Company No. 03795480, and its Registered Address is Mole End, Shorts Green Lane, Motcombe, Shaftesbury SP7 9PA
Statement of our Data Protection Policy
We need to collect and use certain types of personal information about the clients that we act for. We may be required, either by law or to carry out our responsibilities to our regulator and professional body, to collect, use and share certain types of personal information to comply with the requirements of government departments, agencies and regulators.
Under the Data Protection Legislation, all organisations which handle personal information must comply with a number of important principles regarding the privacy and disclosure of this information.
We believe that the lawful and correct treatment of personal information is critical to our successful operation, and to maintaining our clients' confidence in us. We recognise that, to maintain our reputation and integrity as an open and professional organisation, we must be fully compliant with this legislation.
Data protection legislation
In the United Kingdom and the European Economic Area (EEA), "Data Protection Legislation" means all applicable data protection and privacy legislation or regulations including The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (also known as PECR) and any guidance or codes of practice issued by the European Data Protection Board or the Information Commissioner, together with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the "General Data Protection Regulation" or "GDPR"), as amended by the UK Data Protection Bill.
Outside of the EEA, "Data Protection Legislation" means local, territorial data protection and privacy legislation that governs the processing of Personal Data.
Therefore we fully endorse and adhere to the principles of data protection set out in the Data Protection legislation and will:
- fully observe the conditions regarding the fair collection and use of personal information
- meet our legal obligations to specify the purposes for which we use personal information
- only collect and process the personal information needed to carry out our business or to comply with any legal requirements
- ensure that the personal information we use is as accurate as possible
- ensure that we don't hold personal information any longer than is necessary
- take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information; and
- ensure that personal information is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards.
In addition, we will ensure that:
- there is someone with specific responsibility for data protection in the organisation, currently Mark Sivyer, Director
- we regularly review and audit how we handle personal information
- the ways we handle personal information are clearly described
- everyone handling personal information understands that they are responsible for following good practice
- everyone handling personal information is appropriately trained and properly supervised
- we regularly assess the performance of people who handle personal information
- anybody wanting to make enquiries about handling personal information knows what to do; and
- queries about handling personal information are deal with promptly and courteously
Services Regulations 2009
In accordance with the disclosure requirements of the Services Regulations 2009, our professional indemnity insurer is AXA Insurance UK plc of 20 Gracechurch Street, London EC3V 0BG. The territorial coverage is worldwide excluding professional business carried out from an office in the United States of America or Canada and excludes any action for a claim brought in any court in the United States of America or Canada.